Monday, April 9, 2012

Do you want to know a secret?

Coming to a decision in February... We became positive that we wanted to adopt after a lot of praying, reading, exploring, hushed talking in the bathroom, crying (happy tears)... the answers to the roller coster of questions started to appear. God willing - we could do it and we would adopt from China. Being the careful introspective thinkers that we are, we decided to wait to tell the kids for some time.

So, 20 hours later... The Beatles song came on "Do you wanna know a secret?" As I sang the song and walked to the basement, I said aloud " I don't even have any secrets... Oops yeah I do!" Jeff hurriedly followed me down to the basement to ask if I wanted to tell the kids. So much for waiting or announcing it over a meal of Chinese food, but I was pretty excited to tell them.

We first had them guess. Shelby (16) first guessed a new car, then a puppy and then adopting! They were both so excited, more than we could have ever wished. Robbie's only concern was that he didn't want to have to sleep on the top bunk (easy fix, the beds can be seperated). They both even volunteered their rooms.

It was so great to finally be able to share "the secret" about adopting and openly talk in front of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment