Found out last week that our documents were out of translation (OOT). What does that mean to our wait? We are moving along! Some say we should get our next prized piece of paper (LOA) in the next 6 weeks. I hope this is the case. We still have a super small chance of traveling by the end of the year :)
I mailed Matt's care package to him close to a month ago. Postal service reports it still hasn't arrived and it should have a long time ago. I have initiated an inquiry and they said it would take Ch!na 23 days to look into it and USPS will get back to me in 24 days.
I have been a bit bummed, mainly because Matthew hasn't received the photo album from the care package with our pictures. A lot of times, orphanages aren't aware at this point that kids are in process to be adopted until these packages arrive. So, in other words, Matthew probably still doesn't know he has a family.
Jeff reminded me he is only 18 months old and probably wouldn't understand that he has a family in America. Which gets me thinking that he probably doesn't even understand the concept of a mom and dad let alone that he has us waiting here, this makes my heart sad.
However, God is always bringing good out of every situation. He might not know about us right now- but we are thrilled that when the time comes, we get to be the ones to show Matthew what it means to have a family. I am not even dreading diapers and having to potty train again. I am looking forward to a little boy's screech as he runs through the house. My house is full of child proof latches again after 10 years. I am excited to take a super long plane ride with a toddler. I am ready to start all over again. I am ready to give up my free time (but I am praying that he enjoys a nap like his momma). I am head over heals in love with someone I haven't even met, that doesn't even know I exist.
You may want to retink that long plane ride part!
ReplyDeleteHope the care package gets there. We didn't mail one from home. Jen found a service online that assembled and sent them from within China. We picked out some items from the website, emailed pics and a message. She got it and it worked out pretty well.
Can't wait to follow your travel and see Matthew come home!
I am always amazed at how God creates room in our hearts for another baby. Just when you think your heart is so full it will burst, He carves out another spot for baby Matthew and all the goop that comes with that. Sooo exciting!
ReplyDelete