Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Day 2 with Grace

JGrace's adoption is official today!  Our plans ended up changing today.  The orphanage office was not able to meet with us, so we are waiting till Wednesday to go back to Grace's birth city.  We were overjoyed.  With registering her adoption and the trip back to her birth city, we would have been gone all day.  Tomorrow we will go at 8 am with one other family to make the trip.

Grace had a rough time getting to sleep last night.  At one point while Grace was crying, Robbie awoke and got up to turn my iPad off because it was too loud in here.  We gave him the news that it wasn't the iPad but his his sister.   She cried for about an hour and finally we just put her in bed between Jeff and I.  We are sleeping in full size beds, so it was a little tight.  I finally gave up and slept on the settee.  Grace sucked her thumb and squirmed her little self till she was back near me again.  

This adjustment time is plain hard.  She wants very little to do with anyone else but me.  We still haven't heard a word from her and haven't seen a smile.  I am very thankful that she trusts me a little bit. She played ball with Robbie, Matthew and I a little bit yesterday.  She did let Jeff give her some snacks and noodles.  She doesn't like the baby doll I brought her, but she really like holding a toothbrush and a little lamb we brought (thanks Joanne!).

I have the feeling Grace was very loved at her care center.  She really seems very shell shocked right now. She often will just be staring out into nothing.  She seems a little stubborn and hasn't napped either day.  She sat up in bed and I watched her head nod 20 times, but she refused to lay down.  She has now sat next to me this whole time as i have typed, very contented.  She will occasionally look up at me, but no matter what I can't get a smile out of her.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment