While we were in DC, we met 3 other adoptive families at the airport who all from the Ohio, WV, PA areas. One of the families, I had been in touch for a couple of months, the other two are travelling with another adoption agency. I It was neat to see pictures of the children they are preparing to adopt and compare stories. It sounds like there will be around 20 families in Henan alone adopting from our agencies.
After we get off the plan and go through customs, we will meet our agency guide. We also will meet up with a representative from Show Hope to give them the suitcases of supplies. As I have been in touch with them, I was able to find out that the person meeting us actually met Matthew before. She was a preschool teacher at Maria's when Matthew was there. She remembers that Matthew always wanted to attend preschool with the other little one that was in his nanny's care. She said she would let Matthew sit in his stroller and watch what the other kids were doing. He was only 1 at the time.

No comments:
Post a Comment