Friday, February 6, 2015

Article 5

Well we have received our last piece of paperwork from the US consulate (article 5) in China and we are now we are waiting at the last step to receive travel approval (our invitation to travel to China). We also received a few new pictures of Grace from a mom who visited the orphanage this past week.  I am so grateful for all these updates and pictures.  With Matthew, we didn't have any updates till 10 days before we traveled.  It was a lot of running around at the last minute for sure.  I have been so thankful for the updates.  It looks like we will start travel either the first week or third week of March.




Grace looks like she is doing great.  All reports keep saying she is very happy and a bit naughty.  We know she has spent her whole life at the same orphanage and care center.  From her videos, she seems pretty connected to her caregivers.  My best guess is that she has hardly ever ridden in a car.  She is also very afraid of strangers, and I can only imagine how scared she will be of us.  I am thankful to have Matthew with us on this trip to sort of bridge the gap to our crazy American family.

No comments:

Post a Comment