Saturday, November 17, 2012

We got the Golden Ticket



I came home Thursday after running some errands and there it was sitting in my email.  I know what Charlie Bucket in Willy Wonka felt like when he got the golden ticket - we finally got our LOA (letter of approval) to adopt Matthew after an 80 day wait.   This doesn't end the paperwork yet, but it's a HUGE step and it also gives us a better idea of when we will get to go to Ch!na. Looks like 10-12 weeks from now, but I am sure we will need to figure in some holidays (both American and Chinese). End of January or February is looking like our time to travel.

 
Jeff celebrated a birthday this week, too.  Since we are in penny pinching mode (nothing like Christmas and finalizing an international adoption all at the same time - yikes!!), he got to have "practical stuff for our trip" birthday this week.  He was so excited that I gave him travel toilet paper (public bathrooms in Ch!na don't usually have any), new socks & underwear, Pepto Bismol, and a new shaver.  Lots of anticipation for Christmas - maybe Santa will bring us some hand sanitizer and a travel power adaptor???   
 
 
We are so thrilled, humbled and nervous to be going ahead. It's so crazy going into this next part of our lives with so many unknowns.  I feel like we have won the lottery and are getting to jump off the side of a cliff x 1000000 all  at the same time.   Soli Deo Gloria




Impromptu picture in Jeff's office to sign the "golden ticket".


 

1 comment: