Friday, November 2, 2012

Discounts

Shelby came home with an interesting story yesterday. As they were discussing Ch!na in one of her classes, a person spoke up and said "I have this friend on facebook and her family is adopting a little boy from Ch!na with a facial disfigurement. Since he has that problem that get a discount on him."

Huh? Funny enough the person didn't even realize that Shelby was in her class at the time when she said it. And what about this discount?? Not sure where that came from, but I would like to reassure everyone there wasn't any discount. I am thrifty though and I don't mind admitting that. Our Matthew is worth a billion catrillion zillion dollars just for the record - no discounts though.

I was split on whether I should even bring that person's comment up. It's hurtful, but and I know Matthew will one day read this blog. By that time I am sure he probably had heard it all before. There is a lot of ignorance in this world and I too have been a big offender. A lot of grace and a little re-education can go a long way to change how a person perceives someone.  Hopefully that's enough to open their heart a little wider, too. 

So Matthew when you read this please just roll your eyes, shake your head and be armed with a lot of grace.  We dreamed of you, excitedly hoped for you, prayed for you, and checked our emails every 15 minutes for 9 months to hear even the slightest bit if information about you - you were created at the exact time for big reasons just the way you are. Did I mention handsome too? And no we didn't have a coupon.





No comments:

Post a Comment