Saturday, November 10, 2012

Never say never

This has been the year for "never thought I'd be doing that...". Almost 17 years ago, we put together our first baby items. Who would think we would be doing it all again?

Last week, my dear sweet buddies Diane and Rhonda gave me baby shower (again never say you're never be having one of those again). It was a china and tea room theme - two of my favorite things. We received many nice things and what a blessing when you are starting from scratch. People also brought baby items to be donated to the orphanage when we go to China.

With the money and gift cards we received, we were able to buy a car seat, monitor and stroller. Jeff and I had a rare night of shopping, and we went through the baby department at Target. It almost felt like we were going to get caught and we really weren't supposed to be there. Having been a younger parents the first time around, I forget that plenty of people in their 40s have small children and really not so uncommon.

I even got to do a test run of some of the new items this week. I watched my godson yesterday who is the same age as Matthew. The new grocery cart was a hit (as was the box it came in). I have also determined, we will need baby latches on the cabinet that houses the DVD player and Robbie's room will need a latch or gate (too many exciting things within reach). I was also amazed how little 19 months really is, but reaffirmed what a fun age this also can be. Boy is our life gonna be a changing!




No comments:

Post a Comment