Sunday, March 18, 2018

March 2017

I have tried many times to start blogging again.  What a year it has been, so much to say and so much of it is hard to type.

Last March, Shelby and I headed to Disney World to see my mom and dad.  We were on the fence about going because it's hard on Grace if I leave.  The dates seemed to just line up and I had child care coverage on all the days so we went ahead.  I am so glad we did, because it ended up being the last trip I ever took with my dad.



We had so many awesome memories from our trip...  My dad came to the airport to pick us up.  We hadn't seen him since Christmas and when he spotted us at the baggage claim he was crying.  He was so happy to see us. I thought it was sweet at the time, but didn't think much of it. It makes me wonder what God had placed on his heart...



  We had a really funny ride to the Disney campground from the airport because my dad had accidentally put in the address of the Fort Wilderness campground in Kentucky.  It took us about an hour of being stuck in traffic before we figured out we were going in the wrong direction and still had over 700 miles to go according to the navigational system.




Shelby is an awesome Disney guide and she had planned our days full, most days we walked over 20,000 steps.  My mom stayed back a lot since she wasn't feeling well, but my dad was a trooper and kept up with us even though he was still battling what we thought was a cold.  We rode roller coasters and twirly rides while reminiscing about all of our other Disney trips.  The three of us even had lunch at Be Our Guest, something that we had been waiting a long time to do.  My dad was awesome and whenever we mentioned we should try something at the Epcot Flower and Garden festival, he immediately said let's try it.  It was later that night when we were at Epcot with  my mom that I got the first glimpse that maybe he wasn't feeling good.  My Dad rarely asks for help, but I noticed he was struggling pushing my mom's wheelchair.  My parents traded places and I questioned my dad about it.  We thought he might be having a bit of asthma and he promised to get it looked at when he got home. I didn't think about it a lot because he had kept up with us so well the previous days.

Shelby and I had a great four days with my parents at Disney.  We were sad to leave when we said good by at the airport, but we made plans for them to come see us around my dad's birthday.




No comments:

Post a Comment