Monday, January 12, 2015

Final update and provisional i800 approval!

Today we got what will probably be our final update on Grace before we travel.  It sounds like she is doing well.  She is walking up and down stairs, can climb out of her crib, likes dolls & children's songs and is affectionate.  They say if someone cries, she will give them a tissue or try to comfort them with a toy. She can also say mama, baba, older brother (Gege) and older sister (jiejie).  This leads me to believe they haves shown her the photo album I sent which has these four words listed with our pictures.  Her caretakers report that Grace is also an extrovert, guess this family is finally due one, sorry baby girl.    They also were able to answer some of our questions regarding her medical condition, it was very reassuring.  Grace is now 26 pounds and 34 inches tall - still a little on the small side for her age, but ok. 


We also received our provisional approval for the next round of immigration.  Travel looks like it will happen in March.  We have been busy getting Matthew and Grace's bedroom decorated.  Shelby and Robbie helped take down the old border and Jeff and I patched and repainted the walls.  Big surprise, we went with a Disney theme! Since Gracie is climbing out of her crib, good thing we went with the twin bed, too.



We have also been doing a little shopping collecting items for our trip (lots of Pepto bismol) and a few cute girlie things.  Still completing paperwork, but knowing it will end soon.  I have been able to take a Chinese class and I really love it.  I am hardly fluent, but trying to learn a little bit so I can communicate with Grace.  " are you hungry? It's time to go to bed.  Do not hit ;) " I have been wanting to take a chinese class for a very long time and just not had the time to do so.  God provides and how awesome that sweetest lady offered to teach free beginning mandarin classes within walking distance of our home.  Matthew has really enjoyed learning with me too and singing songs in Chinese when I practice at home.  


This is getting real!!


1 comment: