It also had me thinking on how others see adoption. So often when I tell someone about how we adopted Matthew they are quick to say - wow thats expensive, you are crazy to want to change diapers again, I could never do what your doing, Matthew is so lucky and so on... ( There was I time when I saw only these things about adoption too.) Very rarely does someone say - wow kelly you are so blessed. All that other stuff people just see on the outside, distracts from how God would have us see it - as joyful, redemptive,blessed beyond measure... I encourage you if you are questioning and struggling with something or someone - pray and ask God how do you see it? Is something amazing sitting there but being clouded by other things?
Saturday, January 18, 2014
Seeing how God sees
I read recently read that when you pray to God you are not asking to change his mind, you are really asking to see how God sees things. Wow! I had never heard it explained that way before. It got me thinking... I have a child in my Sunday school class that I really do love, but most times I feel I fail pretty miserably at being his teacher. He looks bored and misbehaves, I just don't feel like I do an adequate job. I prayed one Sunday in exasperation for God to let me see how you see this child. Sunday school came and went and the same things happened as usual. I left a little defeated. As we talked to our kids on the way home and Robbie spoke up. He told me what he had witnessed that morning, that I had totally missed. He explained while a group of boys played, Matthew went up to play with them. One of them was quick to comment how stupid Matthew looked with all the bandages on his face. Ouch, one of my biggest fears revealed, someone picking on Matt for his appearance... mama bear instantly started to kick in. Robbie quickly went on to explain that as soon as that comment was said - someone instantly stood up for him, called Matthew his little buddy and the put downs came to an end. Guess who that was?? Yep, it was the kid from my Sunday school class. My defeated heart was instantly stilled and very softened. It got me wondering how often do I miss the big picture because I make the wrong assumptions. How often do I never look past what's on the outside, to see what God sees? Thank you God again for letting me see through the Jesus glasses, even if you let someone else wear them for me.
Labels:
Prayer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment