Matthew's drain is out and he is doing much better. The drain was really crazy - it entered his head behind his ear and went under his skin across his cheek. They cut the stitches holding it in place and pulled it put like a piece of spaghetti when they removed it. EEeewwww! Sorry tmi.... His cheek is still a little swollen and bruised, but nothing can stop him for long. All the doctors and nurses have commented how well he has been taking all the procedures. At home, we have now been faced with trying to get all the adhesive off of his body from having various monitors and wounds covered. That he doesn't take well! Two years olds love to sit still while you try to take off adhesive, pull off old gross bandaids and put new ones on, too. How come bandaids never stay on when you want them too and never come off when you need them, too?
I had once thought (for about 5 seconds)I could have been a nurse. Heck, isn't audiology sort of in the medical field??? Yeah right! Anyway, I know for sure now that I could not have done it. However I will do anything for my son and continue to do so, but drains and incisions are not my thing at all. His incision is looking better and since we can now tape it back up - it's even a whole lot better for me.
Looks like we have a tentative surgery scheduled for the big excision of the entire mass the second week in October. He is scheduled for a 5 hour spot at this point and we may be adding a laser surgery for the epidermal nevus on his belly to go with it. I will be very grateful to have my sweet little guy done being poked, cut and prodded.
No comments:
Post a Comment