Monday, October 1, 2018

Children of Hope

At the end of 2016, Dr Joyce Hill put out a call for parents  to submit their child’s adoption story for her latest book.  Dr Hill was the doctor who helped with Matthew’s medical care while he lived at Maria’s Big House of Hope.  Unfortunately she suffered a brain hemorrhage several ago and lost a lot of her memory.  She hoped by putting the book together that it would help bring back more memories of the children she served through New Hope and Show Hope.  




I remember talking to my dad in the months before he passed away.  My dad had  written several books and I was excited to share this project that I had decided to contribute to.  He encouraged me to go ahead and do this.  I wrote my chapter about Matthew and had a very sweet time messaging back and forth with Dr Hill.  I had kind of forgotten about this book in the craziness of this past year.  What a sweet surprise to see the announcement that the book was in print. 





I quickly downloaded the kindle version and just this past week we received our own signed copy.  




No comments:

Post a Comment