Unfortunately there were several pairs of shorts she never got to wear because it just wasn't practical. A lot of times she just wore dresses because it was easier to pair the leggings with. Not a lot of people in China wear shorts so it took Grace a little while to realize that her knees could be uncovered. I started catching her pulling up her leggings to show her knees and she would tell me she looked like RoRo (who wears shorts 349 days a year). So earlier this week, she found this skort in her bottom drawer and asked to wear it. I took the chance and since she is falling a little less - surprise, her knees remained intact all day. I can't say I am brave enough to continue to let her keep her knees uncovered, but she was excited to keep showing us her knees that day.
A lot of her leggings have now seen better days, most have become so torn up I just threw them away. I am really looking forward to it being jeans season. Earlier this summer I saw a posting for little girls clothing on Mom's resale Facebook page that said like "enough items to clothe a 3T army...". I jumped at it. Thankfully, this lot of clothing I bought had 30 pairs of pants and jeans. There aren't many people who need 30 pairs of girls 3T pants, but I know one little girl who will put them to very good use/abuse.



No comments:
Post a Comment