Monday, December 1, 2014

Care package

Next set of paperwork is done and I finally got Grace's care package sent off to China.  When I sent Matthew's, I had such a grand notion about his care package.  I figured the nannies would sit with him and show him his photo album of our family pictures and that the lovey-blanket I sent would be his new favorite security item.  I even pictured all the photos that would get taken with the camera I sent.  None of that happened, the photo album and blanket were untouched and the camera never yielded a picture.  So this time I am a little more in reality.  I know now that the nannies would love to sit with each child, but there usually just always isn't time to share albums and take pictures.  Kids don't usually receive the play things, because it's too hard to keep them clean and sanitary in an institutional environment.    I do pray Grace gets to see pictures of her new mama and daddy and somehow she can process that we are hers, but it would be even nice if just one of her caregivers gave her just a little more attention for the day.  Everything else I hope blesses a little one that needs them the most.


                                    

This adoption process as a whole, is a lot more surreal than last time.  This time I know a little better the sadness and anxiety that awaits Grace.  Ripping someone from everything they know is devestating.  I also know how hard and tiring it can be to adjust your life and family to a new little one who is grieving and doesn't usually understand you.  All the new medical stuff that awaits - ugh... 

However I also know the joy that is coming.  Waiting till we get to finally have Grace in our arms.  Getting to watch her blossom into our family.  Getting to hear I love you for the first time.  Dolls and hair bows ❤️❤️❤️ Best of all, seeing God's hand in her life as her story unfolds in her new home and family.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I've really been out of the loop on this adoption journey. Just caught up on some blog reading. Lily was supposed to be Grace, but she just didn't look like a grace, so we went with Lily.

    The care package we sent Lily met with a pretty similar fate. They did send the photos and the stuffed panda bear home with her, but it seemed as though she had never seen them before. They did take some photos with the camera, though... many were with a female that we assume was her foster Momma, so that was cool.

    Watched the video on the other post. She looks like a busy little girl!

    Congrats! I'm looking forward to meeting Grace... and I still haven't got to meet Matthew!

    ReplyDelete