Last year when we returned from China, I posted a picture of Matthew's cribmate on one of the facebook adoption groups I belong to. This little boy stole our hearts when we visited the orphanage, he is such a sweetie! I often thought of him after we were home and then a few months later his mom saw my picture and contacted me. She gave us the wonderful news that she and her husband had recently adopted little Ben and brought him home to the United States. The very cool thing was that this family actually lived in the same county as us a few years ago!!
We got the awesome opportunity to meet in person in April. I had been telling Matthew for a few weeks that Ben and his family were coming for a visit. I could tell he was a little worried when I mentioned a "China friend" was coming, but he did just fine. It was so nice to catch up with Ben's sweet family and for the boys to play together. Robbie stayed home the day they visited and got to play with Ben's older brothers. What a fun day!
I know this sounds weird since we also have experienced adoption first hand and Matthew used to be an orphan too, but I just was overwhelmed at getting to see Ben in person here in our home. The last time we saw him, he didn't have a mommy and a daddy and he called an orphanage home. Here we were 14 months and 7000 miles later.... I kept tearing up the rest of the day, the joy of adoption gets me every time.
It's so awesome that our boys will have always have this connection, what a blessing technology is!
Praise God for such a beautiful blessing!!
ReplyDelete