Saturday, March 23, 2013

Matthew's Hometown

 
I have been thinking a lot about Matthew's life before us, since it was his birthday this past week.  It is easy to forget that he left a totally different life back in China for his new life here.  We weren't able to spend much time in his hometown, other than the short visit to his orphanage and police station.  He was so upset during our travel then, it is hard to remember what was even outside the windows of our van.  We made the hard decision not to make a second trip back to find his "finding spot" and visit with his nannies at Maria's Big House of Hope - we just felt it would have been too much for him.  I would make the same decision had I to do over again, but my heart is sorry that we don't have those memories or information for him.  I hope we can go back someday to fill in some of these gaps.  In the mean time, I found the sweetest video of Luoyang. 
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Nice video. It is very different than what we are used to, but there is something about it that is appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete