Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ketchup

Went to SAMs club this week and bought this 3 pack of ketchup and I had a revelation (sorry nothing biblical sized)- that the next time I buy ketchup Matthew should be home! The waiting is hard, but its going quickly.

I also have been getting choked up every time I see this cheerleader at Robbie's football game who was adopted from China, too. People must think I am very touched by school spirit. It just reminds me how one day going to a football game will be an everyday experience to Matt too. As will be having a family...

On a happy note and more thrilling than ketchup and crying over cheerleaders - This week, I joined a yahoo group for families with kids from the Luoyang orphanage. I wasn't on but a minute and I saw a picture of a little boy. The mom was asking if anyone knew where the picture was taken. She could tell by the wooden floors and leather couches that it wasn't taken at Luoyang, but she didn't know where else her son had been before he came home. I immediately knew and started scouring through photos online to find a match for the couch and floor. I was excited to share the news that her son had been at MBHOH, too and put her in contact with show hope. That night she received a photo of her son at one month old (he is now 3) from them with the promise of more to come! What a gift to be able to fill in those lost blocks of time!

Life is good, God is great, I am little emotional and we have plenty of ketchup.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! My friends who adopted from Ethiopia this summer got choked up when she was buying eggs. She started crying realizing that she would feed these eggs to her new daughters in week! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete